Deliver aspects of coaching sessions under direction
The Introduction to Coaching Sevens is an attendance based course delivered over 8 hours. It is intended for a coach of a group of players working under the guidance of a head coach, coaching co-ordinator, or Union scheme.
On successful completion of the course, the coach will be able to:
- Be aware of the history and format of Sevens
- Be aware of the variations in law and characteristics of the Sevens game
- Be aware of aspects of coaching process
- Be aware of principles and play and coachable components of Sevens
- Gain some experience in coaching Sevens
The course will be delivered through a range of methods and will be highly interactive. Throughout the course, you will be encouraged to practice your coaching skills. Grasp this opportunity for feedback from your World Rugby Educator and your peers.
To register for this course all participants must be at least 16 years of age and complete the following:
- Register as a coach with training.rugbycanda.ca
- Select the World Rugby Coaching Sevens option to suit.
- Complete the following World Rugby Certificates at passport.worldrugby.org
- WORLD RUGBY – Rugby Ready online module
- WORLD RUGBY – Concussion Management for the General Public online module
- WORLD RUGBY – Laws of the Game online test
- Save your World Rugby certificates to your computer as PDF’s
- Return to your profile at training.rugbycanada.ca and upload all three certificates to you profile
- Register for the course you wish to take