World Rugby Level 3
The NCCP Competition Development / World Rugby Level 3 course focuses on coaches who are competing in highly competitive levels of rugby. The course is focused on the developed levels of performance through a number of multi-sport modules and technical / tactical rugby-specific components.
This course is by invitation only, and applications must be made directly to the Rugby Canada Coach Development Manager. All applications must be accompanied by a letter of endorsement from the coach's Provincial Union and include a full current coaching resume.
Note: A coach at this level must be coaching a team over a full season and be available for a minimum of two face-to-face evaluations over that time (one evaluation must be during a training environment and the other must be during a competition environment).
Pre-requisites for registering to this course:
- Full completed 2018 Application Form.
- Coaching Resume and Cover Letter
- Letter of Support from your Provincial Union
- Coaching Philosophy
- Coaching Video Submission
- Completed Positional Profiles
- Evidence of completion of NCCP Multi-Sport modules (http://www.coach.ca/multi-sport-training-s15501)
- World Rugby Rugby Ready Certificate (Completed within the last 12 months) (http://rugbyready.worldrugby.org/?language=en)
- World Rugby Concussion Management for the General Public Certificate (Completed within the last 12 months) (http://playerwelfare.worldrugby.org/?documentid=module&module=21)
- World Rugby Laws of the Game Certificate (Completed within the last 12 months) (http://laws.worldrugby.org/?language=en)
- World Rugby Key Factor Analysis Certificate (http://coaching.worldrugby.org/?module=1)
- World Rugby Functional Role Analysis (http://coaching.worldrugby.org/?module=2)
Technical and Tactical In-Course Delivery
The in-course component of this course is approximately 32 hours in length and contains the following modules:
Module 1: Selection and succession planning
Module 2: Developing a team profile
Module 3: The game profile
Module 4: Patterns play (Attack & Defence)
Module 5: Developing a game plan
Module 6: Achievement strategies
- Periodised planning
- Game logistics planning
- Critical incident analysis
- Practice planning
Module 7: Sports science
Module 8: Risk management and Laws
Module 9: Game Day Management
Pre-requisites for a practical on-site Evaluation
- Develop and present a Team Profile and Yearly Training Plan (YTP), which should be constantly reviewed.
- Provide a Season Portfolio (Season Diary) for the team that is being coached. The diary provides evidence of a coach’s ability to Plan, Do & Review. Coaches should use the World Rugby Coach’s Diary (Season Portfolio) to record their coaching over the season. A NCCP Learning Facilitator/World Rugby Coach Trainer will review this at different stages of the season.
- Complete a Personal Coaching Profile.
- Assess your current team and outline a vision for the season (driven by your team strengths & weaknesses)
- Complete Make Ethical Decisions Online Evaluation
- Complete Leading Drug Free Sport Online Evaluation
- Complete Managing Conflict Online Evaluation
Practical on-site Evaluation(s) - Certification
The coach must be evaluated twice in their own coaching environment. One evaluation must be in a training environment, the second evaluation must be in a competition environment. Please note that a Coach Developer/World Rugby Trainer may require more than one visit.
A NCCP Competition Introduction/World Rugby Level 3 coach must acquire 20 Professional Development points over a 5 year period.
For more information on the NCCP Competition Development / World Rugby Level 3 program please contact Kauri LaFontaine